Warning, read carefully before proceeding!
General Paint Co. S.A.L.
Online Color Formulation and Software End-user license
YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS license BY SELECTING THE "ACCEPT" OPTION OR DOWNLOADING THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT OR BY INSTALLING, USING, OR COPYING THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT. YOU MUST AGREE TO ALL THE TERMS OF THIS license BEFORE YOU WILL BE ALLOWED TO DOWNLOAD THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS license, YOU MUST SELECT "DECLINE" AND YOU MUST NOT INSTALL, USE, OR COPY THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
1. License Restrictions
The foregoing license is limited. YOU MAY NOT MODIFY, COPY, STORE, REPRODUCE, REPUBLISH, UPLOAD, POST, TRANSMIT, LICENSE, SUBLICENSE, DISPLAY, RENT, LEASE, SELL, COMMERCIALLY EXPLOIT, OR DISTRIBUTE, IN ANY MANNER, ANY DATA, INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OR MATERIAL PROVIDED BY GENERAL PAINT THROUGH THE SITE, IN ANY MANNER NOT EXPRESSLY PERMITTED BY THESE TERMS OF SERVICE. THE ABOVE RESTRICTION INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO TEXT, GRAPHICS, CODE AND/OR SOFTWARE. In addition, you may not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Site, the system, networks, or any systems or networks connected thereto use any device, software, or routine to interfere with the proper working of the Site or transaction conducted on the Site, or with any other person's use of the Site forge headers, impersonate a person, or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise your identity or the origin of any message or transmittal you send to General Paint on or through the Site use the Site to collect e-mail addresses or other contact or personal information market, co-brand, private label, appropriate, use the General Paint name, or a name similar thereto on a different domain, separately distribute, resell, or otherwise permit third parties to access and use the Site, in whole or in part, without the express, separate and prior written permission of General Paint use the Site in any other unlawful manner or in a manner that could be perceived to damage, disparage, or otherwise negatively impact General Paint. Moreover, this license is only valid where General Paint is permitted to operate. Access to and use of this site in contravention of any laws or regulations, or where prohibited by law, is unauthorized and not permitted by General Paint.
2. The formulations retrieved from General Paint Co's online color retrieval system and/or the GenMix offline software can be used solely with the specified components within the formulations that are manufactured by or for General Paint Co.
3. You may not :
a. make use of the formulations in the GenMix offline software and/or the General Paint Online Color Retrieval software with paint manufactured by other than General Paint Co. SAL;
b. disclose any of the information contained therein to anyone outside your paint business;
c. Alter or modify formulations in the software other in the module (custom formula) where such modification is intended.
4. User Obligations
- You must, return the Formulas and the Software and any copies thereof to General Paint upon request
- If you provide any false, inaccurate, untrue, or incomplete information, General Paint reserves the right to terminate immediately your access to and use of the site and any downloadable software. You agree to abide by all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations with respect to your use of the Site and its related services. In addition, you acknowledge and agree that use of the Internet and access to or transmissions or communications with the Site is solely at your own risk. While General Paint has endeavored to create a secure and reliable Site, you should understand that the confidentiality of any such communications cannot be guaranteed. Accordingly, General Paint is not responsible for the security, or any breach thereof, of any information transmitted to or from the Site. You agree to assume all responsibility concerning activities related to Your use of the Site, including but not limited to obtaining and paying for all licenses and costs for third-party software and hardware necessary for implementation of the Site and its downloadable software, and General Paint copying or backing up any data.
5. User Name And Password Policy
Registration as an authorized user for access to certain areas of the Site may require both a user name and password. Only one authorized user can use one user name and password and account. Multiple accounts registered by the same individual or entity is not permitted and may result in one, some or all accounts being closed by General Paint. By using the Site, you agree to keep your user name and password as confidential information. You also agree not to use another authorized user's account. Should you become aware of any loss or theft of your password or any unauthorized use of your name and password, you will immediately notify General Paint. General Paint cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these obligations. General Paint also reserves the right to delete or change (with notice) a user name or password at any time and for any reason.
6. Feedback And Submissions
You grant to General Paint team the right to use your name in connection with any materials freely submitted by you and any other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto. You agree that you shall have no recourse against General Paint for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications with the Site.
8. Void Where Prohibited
Any offer for any product or service made on this Site is void where prohibited. Moreover, General Paint makes no representations regarding the legality of access to or use of the Site or its content in any country. Although the Site may be accessible worldwide, not all features, products or services provided or offered through or on the Site are appropriate or available for use in all countries. General Paint reserves the right to limit, in its discretion, the provision and quantity of any feature, product or service to any person or geographic area. If you access the Site from a jurisdiction where prohibited, you do so at your own risk and you are solely responsible for complying with all applicable local regulations.
9. Enforcing Site Security
Actual or attempted unauthorized use of this Site may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution. General Paint reserves the right to view, monitor, and record activity on the Site without notice or permission from the User, including, without limitation, by archiving notices or communications sent by you through the Site. In addition, General Paint reserves the right, at any time and without notice, to modify, suspend, terminate or interrupt operation of or access to the Site, or any portion thereof, in order to protect the Site or General Paint’ business.
10. Disclaimers of Warranties
Given the unpredictability of technology and the online environment, GENERAL PAINT does not warrant that the function or operation of this Site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this Site or the server that makes it available will be free of viruses or other harmful elements. As a visitor to and user of this Site, you must assume full responsibility for any costs associated with servicing of equipment used in connection with your use of our Site.
GENERAL PAINT does not represent or warrant that the information accessible via this Site is accurate, complete or current. This Site could contain typographical errors, technical inaccuracies or other incorrect information. GENERAL PAINT reserves the right to add to, change or delete its content or any part thereof without notice. Any price or availability information is subject to change without notice. Additionally, this Site may contain information provided by third parties. GENERAL PAINT makes no representation or warranty regarding the accuracy, truth, quality, suitability or reliability of such information. GENERAL PAINT is not responsible for any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies contained in any information provided by such third parties. GENERAL PAINT does not endorse, warrant or guarantee any products or services offered on this Site. We are not a party to, and do not monitor, any transaction between users and third party providers of products or services.
While efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of the information on this Site, it should not be treated as the basis for formulating business decisions without professional advice. We emphasize that trademark and related intellectual property laws vary from country to country, and between jurisdictions within some countries. The information included on this Site will not be relevant or accurate for all countries or states.
All information provided by GENERAL PAINT on this Site is provided to the public as a source of general information on trademarks and related intellectual property issues. In legal matters, no publication whether in written or electronic form can take the place of professional advice given with full knowledge of the specific circumstances of each case and proficiency in the laws of the relevant jurisdiction.
11. Links to WWW.GENERALPAINT.BIZ & WWW.GENERALPAINT.INFO
GENERAL PAINT permits third party sites to link to GENERAL PAINT's Site located at www.generalpaint.biz pursuant to these terms and conditions:
- Links may be text-based using the words: "General Paint Co. S.A.L.", "GENERAL PAINT" or "GeneralPaint.biz". You may not use the GENERAL PAINT logo or any other trademark as a link to GENERAL PAINT.
- By linking, you acknowledge and agree that, other than as set forth herein, all rights to GENERAL PAINT marks, the content appearing on the GENERAL PAINT website and the design of the GENERAL PAINT website belong to GENERAL PAINT.
- You may not create frames around GENERAL PAINT's webpages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of the Site.
- You must not misrepresent your relationship with GENERAL PAINT or present false or misleading impressions about GENERAL PAINT. No links to the Site may be used in a manner that implies or suggests that GENERAL PAINT approves or endorses you, your website or your goods and services (in all cases, except as GENERAL PAINT may have agreed separately with you in writing).
- GENERAL PAINT shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your website. You agree to indemnify and defend GENERAL PAINT against all claims arising out of or based upon your website.
- No link(s) may appear on any page on your website or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
- GENERAL PAINT reserves the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to the Site from your website.
NOTICE OF SECURITY BREACH. In addition to the indemnification obligation stated in these Terms of Service, if you become aware of a breach or potential breach of security with respect to any personally identifiable information provided to or made available by General Paint, or any unauthorized hacking of the Site, you shall (i) immediately notify General Paint of such breach or potential breach, (ii) assist General Paint as reasonably necessary to prevent or rectify any such breach, and (iii) enable General Paint to comply with any applicable laws requiring the provision of notice of a security breach with respect to any impacted personally identifiable information.
The license shall be governed by the laws of Lebanon.